Fall is coming, and that means the temperatures are (finally!) going to drop a little bit. No longer do you have to sweat out each day, counting down the hours until the sun has finally gone down just to be comfortable, air conditioning notwithstanding. Now, you can pull your favorite leather boots, flannels and jeans out of your closet without feeling like you’re going to be judged by everyone else that’s still wearing shorts and sandals outside. You probably also know what the slightly colder temperature mean for food – those warm, hearty meals are so much better when it’s not 100 degrees outside, right?
Kitchen Appliance Not Working? Don’t Worry!
In today’s blog post, we’re going to present you with some cleverly simple yet awesome slow cooker recipes for you to come home to after a chilly day outside. The time is finally here to enjoy warm, delicious slow cooked food, so why not take advantage of it? While your slow cooker is one of several essential kitchen appliances, your oven, refrigerator, dishwasher and stovetop are all important parts of a functioning, beautiful kitchen. So what should you do if one of those breaks down and you’re in a pinch? Contact Profix Appliance Service, of course! We offer the very best Los Angeles oven repair in California, making sure that your Viking Oven or other high-end brands are properly serviced. To submit a service request, please visit here.
Now, let’s take a look at some of these delicious slow cooker recipes for you to really enjoy the start of autumn with.
Make Some Bread
“Slow cooked bread? Isn’t the oven meant for baking bread? Heck, isn’t bread meant to be baked in general?”, you might be asking yourself. While bread is in fact traditionally baked in ovens, why not mix it up and use your Crockpot? If you have the time and patience, we promise that it will be incredibly rewarding and satisfying. Plus, if your oven is broken and Profix Appliance Service has not made our way over yet, your Crockpot gives you another way to make homemade bread. Anyway, here’s what you’ll need for one loaf:
- 2 ½ cups of bread flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of instant yeast (usually about 1 packet)
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- Optional: 1 tbsp. of thyme, rosemary or any of your favorite herbs
Here’s what you’ll do with the ingredients:
- In a mixer, combine water, sugar and yeast. Mix them all together for about 5 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- Add in the remaining ingredients of bread flour, honey, olive oil, salt, sugar and herbs and mix for about 5-6 minutes.
- Shape the dough and place inside the Crockpot.
- Cook on high for one hour to an hour and a half.
- If the bottom of the bread is brown, that means it is completely cooked.
- Enjoy and share with friends and family! We recommend putting some homemade apple butter on top of your homemade bread. Speaking of which….
Making Homemade Apple Butter
Apple butter is one of the perfect culinary complements to the fall season, and it’s actually fairly easy to make at home. Plus, you can put it on so many things or even cook with it to bring out that sweet apple flavor in some of your favorite foods!
To make four pints of homemade apple butter, here’s what you will need:
- 5 ½ lbs. of apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of cloves
Here’s how you’ll make it:
- Combine the cinnamon, sugar and cloves together. Then, pour the apples and over and mix.
- Cook on high for about one hour.
- Decrease the heat to low and cook again for about 10 more hours (or until the consistency is thick and dark brown).
- Remove the lid and cook for one additional hour on low.
We know that making delicious homemade apple butter takes all day, but we promise that it’s worth it! You can thank us later.
Stay Tuned For More Slow Cooker Recipes From Us!
In our next blog post, we’ll continue sharing our excitement for the fall season by writing about some more easy Crockpot recipes for you to take advantage of, especially if you have a broken oven and you’re desperately searching “oven repair near me.” Take advantage of something else – our Los Angeles oven repair services here at Profix Appliance Service! To learn more, visit here.