Welcome back! In our previous blog post, we touched on a couple delicious and easy things to make in your Crockpot or slow cooker while you’re waiting on oven repair from the team here at Profix Appliance Service. Making warm food is enjoyed the most during the colder fall and winter temperatures, and so we want to make sure that your oven and other kitchen appliances are running smoothly here in the Los Angeles area.
Keep Your Kitchen In Top Shape With Profix Appliance Service
While we don’t really service Crockpots and slow cookers, they are nice assets to your wonderful kitchen and we highly recommend using one as an easy and alternative way to make some of the most savory and satisfying meals in light of the colder weather. We’re going to continue blogging about a few more easy yet delicious slow cooker meals that you can make to share with friends and family during the changing of the seasons. Though slow cookers are great, make sure to give your oven the service that it deserves whether you have a Viking Oven or another high-end brand. Profix Appliance Service has you covered. Learn more about our company here, and continue reading on below for more great slow cooker recipes to check out.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
My, oh my! Who doesn’t like to wake up to the sweet, inviting scent of cinnamon rolls? Perfect to make for breakfast when hosting family at your house, here’s what you’ll need to create this Crockpot masterpiece:
- 2 tubes of cinnamon rolls (12 oz. each), cut into quarters
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
Here’s how you’ll make it:
- Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray and cover the bottom with about half of the cinnamon rolls. If might be tempting, but don’t open those icing packets quite yet!
- Combine the eggs, cream, maple syrup, vanilla and spice until they’re well combined.
- Pour everything evenly over the cinnamon rolls.
- Cover the mixture with the remaining cinnamon roll pieces and pour one packet of icing over it all.
- Cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours and drizzle the remaining icing over the top.
- Enjoy and let the compliments roll in from those that you’ve shared this with!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
For something with a little more protein and sustenance, you’ll be enjoying leftovers for breakfast in the morning or as a quick heat-up meal after work with these simple, delicious and mouth-watering casseroles. Let’s take a look!
Here’s what you’ll need for roughly seven servings (or leftovers):
- 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 28 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas cut into quarters
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3.8 oz can of black olives
Here’s how you’ll make them:
- Put the chicken breasts and enchilada sauce in your slow cooker and cook on high for 4 fours (or low for 8 hours).
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker. We recommend using 2 forks to do this.
- Add tortillas and stir. Add cheese and olives and stir.
- Cook on low again for another 40 minutes.
- Enjoy your enchiladas, but make sure to let them cool down for a little bit before eating!
Slow-Cooked Mac And Cheese
Mac and cheese is an American favorite that can be enjoyed during anytime of the year, but fall and winter are probably the best seasons for enjoying this cheesy classic.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c. finely grated Parmesan
- 24 oz. evaporated milk
- 2 c. whole milk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How To Make It:
- In the bowl of the slow cooker, combine the macaroni, butter, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parmesan, evaporated milk, whole milk, garlic powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high until the pasta is cooked through enough and the sauce has thickened after about 2-3 hours of cooking. Check the mac and cheese after the 2 hour mark, and then every 20 minutes after. That’s it!
Broken Oven Got You Down? Our Oven Repair Services Are Here For You!
Dealing with a broken kitchen appliance in need of repair is no fun, but the appliance repair experts at Profix Appliance Service can get your kitchen back to working order in a flash. Simply contact us today or submit a service request and we’ll take care of you!